There are many different ways to reach Moab, whose remote location is reason enough to come. Here are some tips for traveling here as well as navigating the area once you arrive.
Grand Junction Regional Airport (2 hr drive) is the closest regional airport to Moab and is serviced by several major airlines. Denver International Airport (6 hr drive) and Salt Lake City International Airport (4.5 hr drive) are Moab’s most convenient large airports with regular service by major airlines. United Airlines now offers twice-daily flights to Moab from Denver through Skywest.
Rental Car / Shuttle / Bus / Cab
Several major rental car companies are available in Grand Junction, Denver and Salt Lake City. Enterprise Car Rental is available in Moab. If you plan to rent a car in Moab, you SHOULD RESERVE WELL IN ADVANCE. The drive to Moab is 5-6 hours from the Denver airport, approximately 2 hours from the Grand Junction airport, and 4.5 hours from the Salt Lake City Airport. If you choose not to rent a car, there are airport shuttles (Moab Airport Hopper) to Moab from the Canyonlands Field Airport just north of Moab. For taxi service in town, call Moab Taxi.
Don’t Forget to Bring
- Sun screen or sun-protective clothing.
- Sun hat.
- Hiking shoes or boots to enjoy the landscape.
- Water shoes or sandals if you plan to go out on the river.
- Small backpack.
- Sweater or light jacket (it gets cool in the evenings).
- Rain jacket in case of a thunderstorm.
- Water bottle, or hydration reservoir (Camelback).
- Swimsuit, golf clubs, or other gear for outdoor activities