There are many different ways to reach Moab, whose remote location is reason enough to come. Here are some tips for traveling here as well as navigating the area once you arrive.
United Airlines now offers convenient and reasonably priced twice-daily flights through Skywest from Denver to Moab's Canyonlands Field Airport (18.2 mi north of downtown). Grand Junction Regional Airport (2 hr drive) is serviced by several major airlines. Denver International Airport (6 hr drive) and Salt Lake City International Airport (4.5 hr drive) are Moab's nearest large airports with regular service by major airlines.
Rental Car / Shuttle / Bus / Cab
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is available in Moab, with airport and in-town locations. If you plan to rent a car in Moab, RESERVE WELL IN ADVANCE. Several major rental car companies are available in Grand Junction, Denver and Salt Lake City. The drive to Moab is 6 hours from the Denver airport, 2 hours from the Grand Junction airport, and 4.5 hours from the Salt Lake City Airport. If you choose to fly direct to Moab and not rent a car, there are airport shuttles (Moab Airport Hopper) to Moab from the Canyonlands Field Airport (18.2 miles north of Moab). For taxi service in town, call Moab Taxi. There is currently no public transportation from Grand Junction, Denver, or Salt Lake City to Moab.
Don’t Forget to Bring
- Sun screen or sun-protective clothing.
- Sun hat.
- Hiking shoes or boots to enjoy the landscape.
- Water shoes or sandals if you plan to go out on the river.
- Small backpack.
- Sweater or light jacket (it gets cool in the evenings).
- Rain jacket in case of a thunderstorm.
- Water bottle, or hydration reservoir (Camelback).
- Swimsuit, golf clubs, or other gear for outdoor activities