Moab sits among the red rocks of Southeastern Utah’s Colorado Plateau. Renowned for its scenic beauty, it is home to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks and Dead Horse Point State Park. The Colorado River runs just north of town and the 13,000 foot peaks of the La Sal Mountains rise to the south.
Traveling to Moab
United Airlines now offers convenient twice-daily flights through Skywest from Denver to Moab’s Canyonlands Field Airport (18.2 mi north of downtown). Grand Junction Regional Airport (Colorado) is serviced by several major airlines and is a 1.5 hour drive to Moab. Denver International Airport (4 hr drive) and Salt Lake City International Airport (4.5 hr drive) are Moab’s nearest international airports with regular service by major airlines.
Rental Vehicles / Shuttle / TaxiRental vehicles are available in Moab with airport and in-town locations. If you plan to rent a vehicle in Moab, RESERVE WELL IN ADVANCE. There are also airport shuttles and Moab Taxi. There is currently no public transportation from Grand Junction, Denver, or Salt Lake City to Moab.
Don’t Forget to Bring
- Sun screen or sun-protective clothing.
- Sun hat.
- Hiking shoes or boots to enjoy the landscape.
- Water shoes or sandals if you plan to go out on the river.
- Small backpack.
- Sweater or light jacket for cool evenings.
- Rain jacket.
- Water bottle or hydration reservoir (Camelback).
- Swimsuit, golf clubs, or other gear for outdoor activities.
- Covid-19 face masks and hand sanitizer.
For complete information about accommodations, transportation, restaurants, and other information, please visit our community partners or visit discovermoab.com and doitlikeamoablocal.com.